Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby BLT's

These are a HUGE hit whenever I make them! This recipe was given to me by a co-worker when I was asking if anyone had any interesting appetizer recipes because I was tired of the same old things. I did a few modifications and it turned out awesome, I am always being asked for this recipe so here you go.

24 cherry tomatoes
1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled (you can use an entire pound if you choose)
1/4 C mayonnaise
1/4 soft cream cheese (I use the kind in the tubs you buy for bagels)
1/4 C finely chopped green onion
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Wash tomatoes, cut them in half and core them; turn them upside down on a towel to drain out. While they are draining, mix mayonnaise and cream cheese; add green onion, parsley, and crumbled bacon. Mix till combined. Fill tomatoes with the mayonnaise mixture and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. I plate mine on a bed of leaf lettuce

1 comment:

  1. Laura...I love your recipe blog and I'm totally going to put it on mine:)

    ReplyDelete