Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shoestring Potatoes

This is one of my all time favorite potato dishes! It is a little time consuming (I never buy pre-shredded cheese and I normally add more so I grate for what feels like EVER) so I don't make it as often as I think about eating it, but when I do it is so worth the extra time!

Preheat oven to 450°

4 medium baking potatoes
3 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
dash of black pepper
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar or colby-jack cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsely
1/2 C light or heavy cream or canned evaporated milk

Peel potatoes and cut into strips and put in a 9x13 baking dish. Dot the potatoes with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, cheese, and parsley. Pour the cream or canned milk on top; cover with foil and bake for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment